Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Click play now and thank me later


This is, without a doubt, one of the most fantastic and most dykey things I have ever seen. In fact, it’s so good, it’s dyketastic. Because after you see a young Jodie Foster singing a love song in French while wearing a variety of suits, all you’ll be able to say is, “Wow, that was fucking dyketastic.” This is Jodie circa a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away singing on French TV. My rough translation of the song title is (help me out, French readers) “I’ve waited for you since the beginning of time.” I can’t catch the rest but, really, all you need to know is this: triple your Jodies, triple your fun. White tuxedoed Jodie (The Sophisticate). Tweedy bow-tied Jodie (The Professor). Adorably page-boy capped Jodie (The Scamp). And all three are singing just to you. The more you watch, the better you feel.

p.s. For those wondering why French, Jodie attended the French-speaking prep school the Lycée Français de Los Angeles. Jodie also dubs all of her own lines in her movies for release in France. And just in case you can’t get enough of Francophone Jodie, here is one more video from her crooning days. C’est magnifique.

16 comments:

Hazel said...

That was awesome. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my… This may be the worst French songs ever. I'm somewhere between amazed and ashamed (so, "azamed").
How she was forced to sing that (she can't possibly have chosen to sing this from her free will. I'm suspecting a case of torture or at the very least some brainwashing procedures) is beyond me. I knew France as the country of cheese. Sounds like we can do cheesy as well!

He's the full translation for comedy value. For the record; it is not bad translation. Even in French, the song pretty much means… well… nothing.


I know nothing about you
But my heart is beating
In my sleepless nights or on Xmas morning
And I marvel when I see you
And I call you
And I wait for you to come
I've waited for you since the beginning of time
I knew you'd come
Since forever, since I was ten
I knew I would love you
In my innocent dreams, you came to take me away
We strolled along immense beaches and it was always summertime.

I filled my notebook.
I have just drawn
Your eyes and your mouth
Gently smiling
At each touch, you're more beautiful, taller
You're more comforting

I've waited for you since the beginning of time
I knew you'd come
Since forever, since I was ten
I knew I would love you
In my innocent dreams, you came to take me away
We strolled along immense beaches and it was always summertime.

(Repeat if you really want to)


Thx for the blog. I love reading it.

Leila said...

Nobody, but NOBODY does fromage better than the French, and this soft-ripened Jody is out of this world. Amazing!

I guess she's chosen domesticity over art, but oh my what she could do if she wanted to revisit her edge. Jody, we hardly knew ya.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lili for the translation. The lyrics alongside the video makes it sound like the plot to a really bad romance novel coming soon from Bella Books or Bold Strokes Press (if you add a bit more erotica, of course). Not that there is anything wrong with bad romance novels (my straining bookshelves betray me).

All in all, thoroughly Dedykeful.

ravaj said...

gosh, that was almost perfect for the eurovision song contest! how old do we think she was here? late teens? thank you for sharing, ms snarker :-)

Bent Fabric said...

Jodie Foster...yummy!

Norma Desmond said...

That's pretty dyketastic.

Anonymous said...

Ravaj - In the second video she's 16 at most since the guy died in 1978. The first "song" was part of the OST of a 1977 movie. So yeah, mid to late teens

Unknown said...

Jodie à troi!

Unknown said...

Jodie à troi!

Anonymous said...

This is just tooo good.
What a find. Thanks

Unknown said...

hooly dooly ... this is only surpassed by the other vid of her doing the rounds, singing some french thing with some french queen called Clo Clo whilst sitting on a swing ... excruciating and yet mesmerising ... thank you Ms Snarkers, thank you thank you thank you

Juliette M. Zaengle said...

my G/F burned the beets she was making while watching this.

Anonymous said...

Le Trifosteur.

Ca c'est magnifique
*crying with happiness*

Anonymous said...

Anyone else see the similarity between her in this video and Cloë Sevigny?