Monday, November 27, 2006

Home For Lesbians

My Thanksgiving treat this weekend was seeing “For Your Consideration.” Granted, I'm predisposed to like any movie where the words “Parker Posey” and “plays a lesbian” are in close proximity. But I digress. While not as laugh-out-loud absurdly charming as previous works “Waiting for Guffman” or “Best in Show,” writer-director-mockumentarian extraordinaire Christopher Guest gives his talented cast (besides Parker, it also stars Catherine O’Hara, Jane Lynch and many more) a chance to take a deliciously wacky bite out of the hand that feeds them. Hollywood is in the crosshairs here and while it’s a big, bloated target, Guest and Co. take a game (and surprisingly pointed) whack at the dream machine. Plus, did I mention Parker plays an actress playing a lesbian? Yes, really, I’m that easy.

p.s. The film also gave me another contender for my personal catch phrase: “Dying is easy. Playing a lesbian is hard.”

No comments: