Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lesbian chef on the chopping block

Gay Top Chef contestant Josie Smith-Malave was eliminated from the Bravo TV reality series last night. The out lesbian, who introduced her girlfriend in her audition tape, was booted in a double elimination along with her challenge partner Marisa Churchill. Josie’s sexuality didn’t resurface on the show, which makes sense since it’s about, well, cooking. In her tearful exit interview, Josie shared her surprise at being kicked off, but said the experience did not shake her confidence in herself.

“I’ve proven in the first few challenges that I have talent and the ability to lead a kitchen …. I expected to see myself at the end. I know I have talent.”

Too bad. She was one of the more spunky contestants. A little cocky, but with the skills to back it up.

No comments: