Monday, April 29, 2024

Music Monday: Gaychella Edition

I generally don’t suffer too much from FOMO. Like, granted, I’d love to be a fly on the wall in many a situation (mostly not in a creepy way). But earlier this month I experienced my first ever Coachella FOMO. Or, as it should have been called, Gaychella. Don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no desire to press myself into sweaty throngs of young (and young at heart) people in the desert. But I sure wouldn’t have minded seeing Renee Rapp, Chappelle Roan, Victoria Monét, et al queer it up. Honestly, what a time to be a young queer music fan. Thinking about the limited choices when I was young enough to think music festivals were cool, it’d be a short show. But these days? Well, pick your musical poison (not to be confused with the hair metal band Poison, who everyone at Renee’s set I think was too young to know anyway). Anyway, if you are vying to be the Queen of Gay Pop (an admittedly crowded field these days), then you should probably do like Renee and bring on the Royal Court of Lesbianism to introduce you. Honestly, between this and performing underneath a giant pair of scissors I feel pretty damn good about this new generation of queer stars. Really good. Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. Also bringing out Kesha and saying “fuck P. Diddy?” Utter Queen shit.

No comments: