Thursday, April 04, 2024

It's Ghostime!

Now, I wouldn’t normally get excited for Spooky Season a half year out. Nor do I generally get too hyped about sequels because we all know about the law of diminishing returns. But, 26 years later, I am definitely, definitely going to see “Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.” No just because Winona Ryder is back as as Lydia Deetz and not just because Catherine O’Hara is back as Delia Deetz and not just because Jenna Ortega is joining as Astrid Deetz. It’s all those things, and the fact that I still quote parts of “Beetlejuice” a quarter century and change later. (“I am alone. I am utterly alone.” It may only be April, but I’m already planning my all-black outfit for Sept. 6.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

My grandma took me to see the original in the theater. Sigh. I miss her.

Shasta said...

Ohhhhh I am so excited for this! And Jenna Ortega is a fantastic choice for Lydia’s daughter!