Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Happy Blogiversary To Us

Well, well, well. Look who is another year older. Today is my 18th blogiversary which, whew. For real, WHEW. Way back in 2006 I had this crazy idea to start a blog and I just never stopped. Sure, it can be slightly more sporadic these days (life, man). But here we all are, 18 years later, still hanging out and talking about hot, talented ladies whether they be in tank tops or nicely tailored suits or whatever else sparks our facies. I will say in the 18 years since I pressed “publish” on Blogger for the first time, we have a lot more out queer women to celebrate, which is a welcome sign of progress. But just as apparent is the constant need to fight against the backwards riptides wanting to drag us back into the past and into the closet. To which I say with all sincerity, fuck those regressive, hateful troglodytes forever. But this post isn’t about them. They aren’t invited to this birthday party. It’s about you. I wouldn’t still be writing here (almost) every day without you. You’ve helped me get through the unrelenting rollercoaster of life – breakups, deaths, and yeah divorce. And together we’ve celebrated the good times too. So, here’s to Ye Olde Blogge being finally old enough to vote. I’ll keep writing as long as you keep reading. Eighteen freaking years. As I was saying, whew. Thanks for everything, kittens.

9 comments:

fridax said...

Happy blogiversary, DS!

How time flies, when you're having fun (and sometimes not having fun, blergh).

Cool heads (and dare I say hot ladies/non-binary peeps) are needed to make it through some crazy times, really. So here we all are!

Looking forward to the next xx years to come.

Anonymous said...

Happy blog anniversary! Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do.

Carmen San Diego said...

Happy blogiversary, dear DS! Surrenders is a whole adult, wow !
Crazy to think that this has been my first stop of the day for perhaps 16-17 years
Thank you so much for still doing this almost every day, for introducing me to so many great shows, movies and websites like Autostraddle and Joe my God.
but most of all thank you for being you! Love you lots
Here’s to many more years

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Quite the accomplishment; I've enjoyed reading your blog for many years.

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on DS!

You’ve introduced me to so many shows/music/relevant causes over the years which would have passed me by here in Northern Scotland and without which my life would be more grey.

Keep sharing that rainbow for at least another 18 please x

NEVER SURRENDER

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ms. Snarker, for showing up and speaking up, even when it was hard.
May there be many more eloquent, prolific and joyful years ahead.
To infinity and beyond!

Tammy said...

Thank you!! I have been following for years and I wonder how close to the 18 it has been. Your content has been a lifeline on many days and heaps of knowledge on others.

jc said...

I absolutely appreciate your keeping on. Thank you!

searching for the best in Texas said...

good lord that time went by fast/slow
congratulations and thanks for celebrating all things gay lady