Friday, January 05, 2024

My Weekend Crush

Anne Hathaway? More like Anne Hotalways! Sorry, I’ll see myself out. But, seriously, Anne has never been hotter. She continues to prove the universe’s point that us women only get hotter in our 40s. And if you’re looking to see her at her absolute most magnetic, may I suggest you run don’t walk to “Eileen.” She plays the new psychologist at a boy’s prison who swoops in the set the world of titular character Eileen’s (played by the also excellent Thomasin McKenzie) on fire. You know, along with most of the pants of the people watching – respectfully, of course. If you’re looking for a psychological thriller with two powerhouse female leads with a somewhat ambiguous degree of mutual attraction, may I highly highly suggest you check out “Eileen.” (Not that there’s anything wrong with “May December” – other than the whole it was child abuse thing. But I am not pitting female-fronted projects against each other. Watch them both!) Anyway, as I was saying, Anne Hathaway has never been hotter.
p.s. But don’t take my word for it. Listen to Emily Blunt.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Is she hot? Yes, very. I haven’t seen Eileen so I’m hoping you’ll review it, DS
Oh and have a great weekend. Hope you’re liking your new job.

Anonymous said...

OMG Kiss already, Anne and Emily!