Thursday, January 04, 2024

True Jodie

Here is something else to look forward to this year. In just 10 days we’ll get to watch Jodie Foster get her ice-cold (quite literally) detective on. I haven’t really watched any of the “True Detective” anthology – until now. Because until now they were largely men’s detective stories. So many, many men. But now, with Jodie and co-star Kali Reis, the series has two female leads for the first time, and also a lot of parkas. Not that those two are related, just an observation.

As a longtime member of the Jodie Foster Fan Club (hello, My First Weekend Crush), I am thrilled to see her enter a new, creative on-screen era. I was worried we’d seen the last of her in front of the camera in favor for her directing work. But now after “Nyad” and “Night Country,” I cannot wait to see what she does next. And also watch this, I cannot wait to watch this. (Though, given the parka quotient, I am guessing we will not be treated to those abs again. Shame. But, as I was saying, more reason to be excited about Jodie's future.)

3 comments:

lisa said...

No abs, but Jodie in a uniform with a gun? ::biting lip::

fridax said...

My I point y'all in the direction of this wonderful interview with Jodie...

www.theguardian.com/film/2024/jan/06/jodie-foster-interview-true-detective

She's so cool!

Anonymous said...

Jodie IS cool but that author is a dick.
Why the unnecessary jab at the closeted lesbian show runner?
Bad enough without it being in the middle of an article where she talks about how hard it is for gay women in Hollywood. What a douche.

But back to Jodie. How has she remained so herself and real and untouched by this crazy world she works in? She’s fucking fantastic. Every article and podcast I listen to just underlines that.

So looking forward to True Detective (BtW, come on first series apart there have been several women in big parts, lazy DS).
But worried it looks like the dreadful Fortitude (if you’ve never seen it, continue like that…) but hoping it’s more like Fargo.

With JF involved I’m sure it will be awesome. Gah can’t wait!