Thursday, January 18, 2024

Gender Fuck Thursday: Awards Edition

While it hasn’t been a particularly surprising award season so far (yes, we get it, you liked Beef, Bears and the movie about The Bomb), it has been a pretty season to behold. Many of the best and brightest or at very least most photogenic among us have decided to go the Gender Fuck route and wear snappy suits to the various red carpet outings. And, as always, I am here for it. In fact, if we don’t get at least a few major suits at the Oscars I will riot. (Kidding, I won’t riot. There’s too much real shit happening that deserves rioting - sadly.) Anyway, keep up the good suits, you gorgeous actor types.

Natasha Lyonne and Clea DuVall

Truly, exactly what I’d expect Megan and Graham to look like together 25 years later. (Yes, I’m sorry to inform you, it’s been 25 years since “But I’m a Cheerleader.)

Bella Ramsey

Bella’s suit game has been STRONG all season, and they have only just begun their red carpet career. So many more suits to come.

Ayo Edebiri

It’s hard to call someone so cool the “darling” of the award season, but she is definitely my darling and I’ve only seen her in “Bottoms.” Speaking of which, did anyone clock the little suit she’s wearing - in white. Ahem!

America Ferrera

Suddenly I have the strongest wish to see America as Ken. Because in that tux she’s more than Kenough. Much more.

Meryl Streep & Greta Gerwig

Little Women, but they wear suits through the whole thing. What? I can’t have innovative IP ideas as well?

Amanda Seyfried & Meryl Streep

Or, hear me out, The Devil Wear Prada but Miranda only wear Prada suits and sunglasses. Amanda approves, clearly.

BONUS Someone on Twitter called them boygenius and honestly, yeah. I’d definitely buy a ticket.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

I’m here for Megan and Graham‘s silver anniversary!
And the Seyfried/Streep is a mother-daughter Mamma Mia reunion