Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Some Tuesday

Well, it is Tuesday after all. And we’ve almost made it through another January. The start of the year always gets me in my existential feelings. Something about the restart of the calendar sits heavier with each passing year. Typically, it means a bit of the doldrums as I navigate through winter’s grasp. So for whatever reason this trailer about a mother-daughter and a talking parrot/Harbinger of Death just hit. The film by first-time feature director Daina Oniunas-Pusic received solid reviews for her debut at Telluride last year. So I plan to watch this whenever it comes out with a tub of ice cream and a crate of Kleenex. And, good news, at least we know it won’t be released in January.

p.s. I promise I’ll share the fun from last weekend seeing Tina & Amy a little later. Promise, promise. (But in a less tragic way, I also promise.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRIED at the trailer
But will probably still watch the movie.