Thursday, February 23, 2023

Sinead the Outlander

One of the things I’ve kicked myself a bit for recently is getting rid of my Showtime subscription before I remembered to watch their Sinead O’Connor documentary. But I was rather pleased to see that she’s still making waves – this time as the singer for the Season 7 credits of “Outlander.”

I watched the first twoish seasons of “Outlander” with great interest. But then I fell off a bit, as straight historical romances aren’t really my thing. (see also: Bridgerton). Now, you throw in a Gentleman Jack instead, and, well. I do think “Outlander” is well made and its stars are extremely charismatic. (Also, what have they been up to for the last four seasons? Did the Scots win? Kidding) So I hope the show is still good going into its seventh season.

Anyway, storylines aside, I’ve always liked the use of the haunting “The Skye Boat Song” as the show’s theme. And in Sinead’s capable hands it’s definitely next level. Almost makes me want to watch again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Sinead but can’t contemplate watching that clip.

As a Scot my bowels shrivel at the thought of this show. I’ve not seen one second of it so may be doing it an injustice but the thought of our accent being tortured and our history being bastardised gives me the willies!

I still get nightmares from the affront that is Braveheart, Rob Roy, The Simpsons, Shrek and and and…