Monday, January 30, 2023

Music Monday: It Gets Gaylor

Look, I’m neither a hardcore Swiftie or Gaylor Truther. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy Taylor Swift’s music. (Like how is “Anti-Hero” such an instant, inescapable earworm bop? How?) Now, with the release of “Lavender Haze,” I’m definitely on Team Raised Eyebrow. Like, she knows what she’s doing. Her dropping of loaded Easter Eggs is well documented. So she’s either the best/most supportive ally who likes to flirt with her queer friends or sorta kinda a tiny bit fruity herself, right? Because Taylor cast trans actor/model Laith Ashley as her extremely handsome love interest in her “Lavender Haze” music video. And about that title. Like every queer person knows about lavender (like we’ll happily Menace any homophobes). And then to give such stellar trans representation (shirtless in bed, caressing and canoodling — if only there was a kiss, too). Anyway, I promise I won’t get Zapruder film-level into the whole Gaylor thing. But, um, with content like this isn’t it pretty to think so? Happy Monday, all.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

I think she’s bi. It’s not like TS and Dianna Agron tried that hard to hide their relationship. Alexa, play “wonderland”
Or with Karlie Kloss for that matter. Those Big Sur pictures? Cmon!