Monday, November 29, 2021

Music Monday: JoJo Forever

I’m honestly not entirely clear who won “Dancing With the Stars.” I just know JoJo Siwa didn’t win. And, honestly, that’s a shame. No disrespect to whomever the winner was (again, I hardly know who most of the contestants are). But JoJo has radiated a certain kind of joy and positivity, while still being vulnerable and honest. As the first same-sex couple to perform on the show in now its 30th season, she made that most important of impacts – representation. Also, the girl can dance. And that Prince Charming number? Please, every queer gal had a little swoon at that fairytale moment. So congratulations, JoJo. Thanks for being the first, and may there be so many more to come. Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. The way she just full-out sings “Born This Way” while dancing? Yeah, the kids are all right.

4 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

She was robbed
Just like Adam lambert all those years ago…

Anonymous said...

My comment is not about this dancing couple, but I felt like sharing that there was a female couple on the danish version of dancing with stars this year.
The sing Freja Kirk (lesbian) and the professional dancer Claudia Rex.

Anonymous said...

there was a male couple in the french version this year (who finished second of the contest) : Bilal Hassani (gay siger songwriter and youtuber - french contestant for the 2019 Eurovision contest) and Jordan Mouillerac, professional dancer)

Anonymous said...

I have tried very hard to remain stoic, detached, and even "blasée" about Jojo in DWTS. I have also tried negativity (which commes usually very easily to me). But I have loved every dance, every statement, her boldness, her energy (so contagious). Fun and joy.
Also, the Rumba and The Redemption Tango : iconic.