Monday, October 18, 2021

Music Monday: Fairytale Dance Edition

Look, I typically don’t write about the same subject two posts in a row. But, uh, come on. An out queer female celebrity is dancing to “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” dressed like the Prince while her female partner is dressed as Cinderella. And, again, nary a fuss has been raised about this happening on primetime television on a major broadcast network. Like how many gay women dreamed of themselves dancing as either the Prince or Cinderella in this moment when they were younger? And here it is, actualized before our very eyes. Anyway, I still don’t watch “Dancing With the Stars,” but dammit is I’m not rooting for JoJo Siwa to make all of our queer lady dreams come true. Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. I think the show airs tonight and I swear if she dances to the Indigo Girls I might have to stary watching.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

“ Like how many gay women dreamed of themselves dancing as either the Prince in this moment when they were younger?”
o/