Monday, November 08, 2021

Music Monday: Fletcher Edition

As I strive to stay hep with The Youths, I’ve stumbled across another popular lesbian singer on TikTok. Meet Fletcher, yes one name because all the cool cats and kittens are doing it apparently. Right now my For You Page is filled with soundbites from Zolita and Fletcher. Like are you even on Lesbian TikTok if you haven’t come across snippets of Zolita’s “Somebody I Fucked Once” or Fletcher’s “Girls Girls Girls?” The latter is a Millennial/Gen Z reworking of Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl” with some vintage-feeling Sassy magazine aesthetics that also appeal to this aging Gen Xer. I dunno much about Fletcher other than the Katy Perry royalty part of her song is playing on like 40% of the lesbian videos I get on TikTok these days. The other 60% is dogs, cats and food videos, obviously. Now go kiss some girls and happy Monday, kittens.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

totally fell in love with fletcher via tiktok and I'm totally taking my genx ass to her concert next year!