Monday, September 20, 2021

Music Monday: Normani & Teyana Edition

Yes, admittedly, I have to Google most of the people who perform/attend the MTV Video Music Awards these days. As an official Old, I just accept this as the natural order. So, obviously, I had to Google who Normani and Teyana Taylor were (the former is a former Fifth Harmony member, the latter also a singer though I honestly have no idea what she sang). Anyway, during the VMAs this year, Normai performed and then brought Teyana out strapped down to a convenient climbing contraption and stuff happened. (It was apparently a tribute to Janet Jackson, who did the same thing with a male counterpart, but gayer.) I have no idea if either woman is queer (though a preliminary Google search says no for both, particularly the latter who is married to a pro basketball player). But, hey, sometimes even for an Old like me, it’s just nice to look at the pretty pictures. And if they’re pretty pictures that move like that, well, who am I to stand in the way of progress. Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. In case you want to watch the whole performance (but, again, the good stuff starts at 3:30)

No comments: