Thursday, November 14, 2019

Lucy In the Studio With Lesbians

Look, I’ve known Lucy Liu was an abstract artist for several years now thanks to her penchant for painting in a tank top. (See, unlike Tig I’m a lesbian who picks up on the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF, duh.) But I did not realize that some of that art included tasteful shunga art (a traditional style of Japanese erotic artwork) that includes - wait for it - beautiful lesbian imagery.

In fact, Lucy has been showing her artwork since before she was a household name. According to a Hollywood Reporter profile on her artwork earlier this year, she studied art at the New York Studio School and has been showing her work publicly since the mid-1990s. And her rather graphic, if still abstract, erotic art features women loving women, as well as women and men in sexual embraces.



She told THR her sexual paintings were “ruminations on her upbringing in a family where sex and nudity were taboo.” OK, sure. But can we go back and talk a little about the women loving women stuff? Because, as far as I know, Lucy is single (a single mom of son Rockwell in fact) sooooo… I’m just saying, we already know Lucy loves a nice suit. Single queer ladies who live in New York, should the opportunity ever arise, please shoot your shot.

4 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

She’s on my 5... I can’t believe I may have a shot at her
Or at least a shot at owning Yu Ling art
https://www.mutualart.com/Artist/Yu-Ling/3D60E09C4141425E

Panty Buns said...

I have loved watching Lucy Liu in television and in movies but hadn't realised she was an artist as well. I love the artwork!

https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

happykt said...

Who is Lucy Liu married to? From online: Lucy Liu was married to Noam Gottesman but the couple broke up around 2014. As of now, Noam is married to fashion designer Reed Krakoff since 2015. Lucy had also been involved in romantic affairs in the past with actor Will McCormack. So no, she isn't gay.

Tanzania said...

Noam Gottesman is married to Bianca Dueñas.

Reed Krakoff (a man) is married to Delphine Krakoff.

And Lucy herself said in Jane Magazine, "I think people sometimes get the wrong impression when they're like, 'Oh, well, so-and-so was straight and then she was gay, and now she's straight again,' you know? But it's like, how many times do I have to kiss a woman before I'm gay? Everybody wants to label people. Sometimes you just fall in love with somebody, and you're really not thinking about what gender or whatever they happen to be. I think that if I happen to fall in love with a woman, everyone's going to make a big deal out of it. But if I happen to fall in love with a man, nobody cares."