Thursday, November 28, 2019

Be Thankful For

It is a day of eating and thankfulness here in the United States. So to celebrate I thought I would reshare my all-time favorite “cooking” scene from a movie. I say “cooking” because “burning” is a more accurate description of what Idgie has done to those poor tomatoes.

Now if you detect some smug satisfaction in my declaration of her “terrible” cooking, it’s because over the course of this year I have become very good at making fried green tomatoes. I tried it for the first time about a year ago, as a way to use the leftover unripened tomatoes on our vine. And now I am happy to report that I have become quite good at it. Like unlocking a hidden Lesbian Achievement Badge-level good – if I do say so myself.

So I wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving, to all who celebrate. And a wonderful Thursday to everyone else. If nothing else, just be thankful Idgie isn't making your meal tonight. Though they're both always welcome over for dinner. Bon appetite, kittens.

1 comment:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, DS. I am thankful for your posts here every day