Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Socially Irrelevant Heteronormative Gender Roles

Look, I’m no Kristen Stewart stan. But I do appreciate how “Fuck You, Hollywood and Socially Irrelevant Heteronormative Gender Roles” she has become of late. Like, she literally said exactly that to Jimmy Fallon’s befuddled face on “The Tonight Show” last week while talking about her girlfriend.

Kristen returned over the weekend to host SNL, two years after her “I'm like so gay, dude” heard around the world. That Totino’s skit is now officially a classic in queer cinema. Or, at least, that’s how I classify it in my head.

Another queer classic? Kate and Kristen Stewart thumb wrestling in this SNL promo. Last time she was on, I think they purposely kept K-Stew and K-McK (not a thing, I know) apart in skits. But at least they got a promo together battling for Lesbian Thumb Supremacy.


1 comment:

Carmen SanDiego said...

So nice to see how she grew up, I’ve Had a crush on her since Panic Room (it’s okay, we are close in age)