Friday, September 25, 2009

My Weekend Crush

Of the many, many delicious things bout Eliza Dushku, I think the most delicious of all is her confidence. The girl has swagger – and I mean that in the best possible way. Confidence does not automatically equate cockiness. Instead, she seems completely comfortable in her own body. Of course, with a body like Eliza’s how could you not feel great? Having followed her for a while now on Twitter, I find her even more interesting for her lack of artifice. In real life she seems considerably girlier than her famous Faith alter ego, also less apt to knife play. She also appears to have a big heart and boundless enthusiasm for the world. And this age of cynicism, that stands out.

She is a person who uses “yo” unironically, jets off to Italy with her brother for a weekend and cheers unapologetically for all things Boston. And she does it all from a place of genuine enjoyment of her life. And why shouldn’t she enjoy her life? She is on one of the most intriguing new shows of the past few years. “Dollhouse” has grown into its potential after a tenuous start in its first, short season. With its second season premieres tonight, I can’t wait to see what Joss & Co. dream up for Echo. Because in a world where you can be anyone, who are you really? The implications on life, death, freewill and the soul are endless. And, even if none of life’s more profound questions interest you, there is always Eliza in leather pants. Now that, my friends, is just damn fine television. Happy weekend, all.

10 comments:

packrat said...

Dammit, I haven't watched that unaired episode yet! Do I need to hold off on watching the S2 premiere?

Norma Desmond said...

I totally approve. More than that. What's more than totally? Entirely? Completely? Whatever, the point being, I, too, follow her on the Twitters, and I definitely find her endless honestly and complete realness refreshing. LOVE HER.

Unknown said...

packrat: no, you don't. while the unaired episode changes how you'll view the show FOREVER afterwards, it's not required reading.

that said, it is SO WORTH WATCHING!!! get the dvd if you like the series. it's worth it with the unaired ep and the behind the scenes docs and the never aired original pilot.

lilaznangel16 said...

Approved! Eliza's just.. well.. just look at her! And Dollhouse is such an awesome show, and I know they (along with the fans) worked so hard for a shot at a S2. She's hot stuff for sureeee! Now her boyfriend on the other hand........ ...

Maybe i'm just jealous that i can't be with her instead. lol.

even89 said...

Like the others, I totally agree with everything...from the comments on her personality right down to the leather pants ;) So glad that it got given a second shot- the efforts of all who fought for it have been well rewarded!

And K, ofc you're jealous ;D ...doesn't mean you don't have a point though >.>

Unknown said...

Joss + Eliza = Happy feelings

MakingSpace said...

Oy! I feel old... I need another Carrie Fisher fix I guess. LOL That child is obviously young enough to be my daughter, cry...

packrat said...

Bekki: Well, shit. :D

I DVR'd Friay's show, will wait till I've hunted down the ep.

Cool Hip [InyRules] said...

Very nice post! Eliza is my everyday all the time crush. I think she's just really amazing at what she does. Not just the acting, but everything else she's involved in.

Unknown said...

Not at all sure about Whedon or Dollhouse, but damn this girl is beautiful, talented, and genuine. What a sweetheart.