Thursday, May 09, 2024

We Will Lady Rock You

You know when you love a new show but it’s got an unfortunately small audience on one of the lesser (sorry, Peacock, it’s true) streamers and then you never hear about it again but occasionally think back whistfully and think, gosh, I wish that show would come back? But, it almost never comes back. Well, welcome to a little television miracle (which we richly deserve after all the Cancel Your Gays nonsense) because three years after it first premiered, “We Are Lady Parts” is back, baby! The UK series about a group of women who start an all-female Muslim punk band debuted in 2021 (though, honestly, it feels longer ago than that). The series was funny and feminist and smart and even a little gay, plus the songs were good. Everything about it was good. And then it disappeared. But every once in a while the universe decides we can have more nice things after all. So I cannot wait to watch this second season and, universe willing, maybe even another one. I mean, I don’t want to get greedy. But, “Two and a Half Men” aired for 12 seasons so maybe we can be a little greedy when it comes to actually good shows after all. Anyway, in three weeks, bring on the Villain Era!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did enjoy it. I need subtitles for my American ears processing English accents. Thx dorothy