Thursday, May 30, 2024

Is This OK?

The Pre-Gaming of Pride continues unabated! So, has anyone seen “Am I OK?” Because I dig the whole co-directed by wives Tig Notaro and Stephanie Allynne thing. And I guess I can buy Dakota Johnson as questioning 30-something possibly queer/definitely in an existential crisis gal. Yes, I know, it’s another coming out story. So, you know, the bar is high to not be – again – just another mediocre coming out story. Anyone catch this when it was on the festival circuit. For real, is this movie any good because it’s debuting on Max the first week of Pride and it would be homophobic not to be (kidding, sorta!)

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

There’s so much good stuff to watch right now that I honestly I don’t have time to prioritize another coming out story… I’ll catch it eventually

Anonymous said...

Tig - tick
Stefanie - tick
Dakota 50 Shades of Gray - hard pass