Monday, May 09, 2022

Music Monday: No Boyfriends Allowed

At first glance ex-Disney star Dove Cameron’s new single “Boyfriend” seems like yet another queer-baity lesbo-curious songs in the vein of t.A.T.u.’s “All the Things She Said” and Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl.” But, then Dove, the former star of Disney Channel hits like the TV series “Liv and Maddie” and film series “Descendants,” came out as queer last year. And this year she started teasing her new song “Boyfriend” on TikTok and then us Le-Dollar-Beans took care of the rest. I have to say, I definitely appreciate that today’s queer anthems are coming from out queer artists. It’s always nicer when the person singing about kissing girls has perhaps actually done it a few times. Happy Monday, kittens.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

I’ll confess that back in the day I really liked t.A.T.u.’s “All the Things She Said”