Wednesday, May 25, 2022

What’s Up, Bros?

While we’re focusing on the fellas, here’s another one to get excited about. Billy Eichner’s new gay rom-com with the unfortunate name “Bros” (I know, it’s ironic, still — bros, man). But the trailer and large queer cast makes me, well, excited. It looks funny. It looks very gay. I mean, yes, there’s a lot of shirtless gay hunks dancing in clubs. It reminds me of dancing at gay clubs with an endless sea of sweaty shirtless gay boys. And then there's Bowen Yang and Dot-Marie Jones being super gay. So, obviously, yes. I will watch this. But, again, I just really hate the title. I guess nothing’s perfect.

2 comments:

Panty Buns said...

This new gay rom-com sounds like something I may want to watch
(I will know much more after I log into YouTube so I can actually watch the video.
I find it disturbing that YouTube has restricted the viewing of this trailer
claiming that viewing is Restricted based on "Community Guidelines".
It seems to me that there has been an increase in the proportion of LGBTQ
videos having their viewing restricted (CENSORED) whether at the behest
of false-flagging by homophobes prudes and bigots or BY by homophobes prudes and bigots
at Team YouTube using 'Community Guidelines' as a pretext for sex discrimination+denials of appeals.

Panty Buns said...

I did log in to YouTube so I could watch the video..
after watching it I wondered whether maybe it was the language someone objected to?
The "Community Guidelines" YouTube cites so frequently are so vague they could be referring to almost anything..
but thank you for the pre-review!