Monday, January 31, 2022

Music Monday: Melissa & Juliette

It’s crazy (and brave), to think that 29 years ago Melissa Etheridge released “Come to My Window.” It was the first song to come out after Melissa herself came out as a lesbian at one of then President Bill Clinton’s inaugural balls (the gay ball, of course). And it went on to become one of her biggest hits, proving that you can still find plenty of fame and fortune being out and queer. Also, since I can’t stop talking about “Yellowjackets,” there’s also the wonderful Juliette Lewis connection. Oh, 90s. We had a time, didn’t we? Happy Monday, kittens.

p.s. I do not know what is up with the pixelation in the video. But you can watch it live (without Juliette, alas) here:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the video supposed to have intermittent pink pixellation throughout the entire 4 minutes? I tried to watch and relive a favorite song, but couldn't make it through the first minute. Maybe it is a browser issue, but I have never had that come up before.

Carmen San Diego said...

Wow almost 3 decades ago

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the 2nd Video.

Anonymous said...

Her visibility was huge to this youngster at the other end of the world. I think I knew 3 lesbians total prior to that (KD, BJ King and Martina).
Her music meant so,so much to me at the time.

But 29 years? No!