Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Monster Mash

Can I share a little secret? I love big, outrageous disaster and monster movies. What can I say, I have a soft spot for the end of the world. The only problem, of course, is with monster movies I tend to root for the monster instead of the humans. Puny humans. Mind you, not all of the monsters, just the ones who are just tragically misunderstood à la King Kong. So I’m not going to lie I’m weirdly excited about this new Godzilla movie, “Godzilla: King of the Monsters.” Not only because of the big monsters and apocalypse thing, but also Millie Bobby Brown (a.k.a. Eleven), Vera Farmiga (a.k.a. the reason I watched “Bates Motel” longer than I should have), Sally Hawkins (a.k.a. the actress who is best know for falling in love with a fish, but lesbians already knew and loved for playing a gay lady in not one but two Sarah Waters adaptations), and Zhang Ziyi (a.k.a. a reminder that Hollywood films have been terrible at hiring and spotlighting Asian actresses). So, anyway, if we make it to 2019 (I mean, at this rate it’s not a given, folks) I am very much looking to eating a whole bunch of popcorn and watching monsters take over the Earth.

1 comment:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Well, let’s hope we make it...
This should be fun. At least better than that 90s GodZilla with Matthew Broderick