Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fast pitch

I blame “Glee.” For a multitude of sins, really. But specifically, I blame “Glee” for the burning desire with which I want to see “Pitch Perfect.” Yes, the movie that sounds a lot like “Glee: The College Years.” But, dammit, if I don’t plan to slink off and see it the second it comes out. Part of this is because I can’t resist the intoxicating combination of young people’s aspirations and jazz hands. Let’s all be honest and acknowledge that the singing and dancing is what makes us love “Glee” even when we shouldn’t (though last week was an improvement, I thought). And this is singing and dancing without a curfew or with Rebel Wilson. Certainly, a few things seem rather derivative. Did the new girl really get discovered singing in the shower? Did Fat Amy really get pseudo-slushied? Also, I’m having a hard time telling Bland Leading Boy No. 1 from Bland Leading Boy No. 2. But the story is written by longtime “30 Rock” scribe Kay Cannon, so it has to be more than just Ryan Murphy Lite. Also, and I cannot repeat this enough, Rebel Wilson. Anyone who can make me snort laugh twice in a trailer deserves at the very least the price of admission.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, the blonde recruiter was one of the judges in the very first Sectionals competition: Candace Dystra - 5th Runner-up Miss Ohio 2006 (hey, I'm not that big a Gleek - actually, of course I am, I just used that word - I happened to have just re-watched that episode* last night).


*"Sex isn't dating." etc..

Carmen SanDiego said...

That's what I'm doing this weekend

acidburn2442 said...

i have now seen this movie twice, because it was so very awesome. almost every moment is hilarious, and rebel wilson rocks every scene she's in. also, i swear brittany snow's character is totally gay for anna kendrick's, but it might be something only the gay ladies notice. oh, and ester dean? also awesome. and stick around after the credits start for one last hilarious joke.

nallus said...

Oh my! Having a fit of the giggles after watching the trailer. Thanx for posting Ms. Snarker. Definitely watching this!

Anonymous said...

No, you MUST see it! It wasn't what I expected at all, but I was pleasantly surprised. Also, Fat Amy had my crying tears of laughter

GED ONLINE said...

nice pic :)