Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall of lesbians

Hey, in case you hadn’t noticed, it’s fall. I don’t mean the weather necessarily – though I did grab my hoodie to take the garbage out last night. I mean on your teevee, where it really matters. Yes, the fall TV season has begun and, yes, Virginia, there are a few new lesbians. Sure, many of our favorite fictional lesbian and bisexual women are also coming back – Callie, Arizona, Santana, Brittany, Emily, Paige, Kalinda. I could go on, but there aren’t that many more, sadly. But not to those happy few will be a few more.

p.s. Yes, that’s who you think it is in the picture. Yes, get excited!

Julie White as Anne, Go On, NBC, Tuesdays
Sure, no one is particularly thrilled about another Angry Lesbian character. Well, unless she’s played by the hilarious Julie White.

Lauren German as Leslie, Chicago Fire, NBC, Oct. 10
A lesbian EMT. In a tank top. I’m in.

Kelly McCreary as Tyra, Emily Owens M.D, CW, Oct. 16
She plays gay lady doctor which worked out for Olivia Wilde.

Leisha Hailey & Constance Zimmer as the wonderful eloquent lesbian couple, The New Normal, NBC, Tuesdays
When I first heard that Ryan Murphy had promised us a “wonderful eloquent lesbian couple” on the show my fight or flight instincts flaring up. Then I heard Leisha Hailey was one of the lesbians. And I wanted to hug everyone in the world instead.
All is forgiven, Ryan Murphy*.

So far, I’ve got to hand it to NBC. Two lesbians in hand and two more in the – yes, I’m totally going there – bush. What shows seem to be tickling your remote control areas this season?

*Not really.

10 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

You know, The plotline about the gay couples encounter with the homophobic man on yesterday's new normal was very true to life. It also affects me for days when something like that happens to me...

IAmLonefrog said...

You are one misguided lesbian phenomenon. Lesbians don't have bush genius. Waste of my time to point out much else other than to turn off the TV dumbass.

Rachelle said...

Wow...anyway, thanks for the info ;) Lauren German :)

Anonymous said...

@IAmLongfrog -

wat?

sadie0777 said...

Somebody's trolling...

Anyways... Thanks so much for this! I LOVE Love love Leisha Hailey!!!! I just might watch the new normal now...

Danie said...

I don't know, they were seriously bashing on Red heads last night. Not cool, not cool at all....

Anti Grown Up said...

Have you heard of that new show on Reelz, Bomb Girls? It's about girls who worked in a bomb factory during ww2. Only on episode 2 and there's already unrequited lesbian love.

Katie said...

You know, every time I have seen the previews for Chicago Fire, I think, "One of these women HAS to be gay," and then I think, "No, I'm sure they won't make any of them gay, they'll just be straight and falling for the hunky firemen..." I'm thrilled! Pretty sure I'll be DVR-ing it now.

Still have no plans for The New Normal, though...

maya said...

Uggh. And I was totally going to skip watching this show too! Now I have to watch this on top of American Horror Story which is also making me watch it against my wishes.

Anonymous said...

The photos you chose of the actresses playing the New Normal lesbians are giving me all-grown-up Rachel Berry and Skank!Quinn feelings.