Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Weekend Crush

I’m going to miss seeing Jorja Fox and her skeptical scowl as she squints sternly at whatever tiny piece of fiber or random chip of paint holds the key to cracking the case. When Sara Sidle left Las Vegas this week, Jorja exited the cast of “CSI.” What I’ve enjoyed most about watching Jorja is the no-fuss, no-nonsense, no-bullshit competence she brought to Sara Sidle week after week. It was refreshing to see a woman who was respected for her intellect and her ability, not just how well she filled out a tank top. Not that there’s anything wrong with filling out a tank top well, which Jorja can also do. But, in my mind, Jorja gave Sara a very gay aesthetic. (We’ll just ignore the whole Grissom thing.) The way she walked, the way she carried her shoulders, the way she wore her pants -- it was all so, well, dykey. While Jorja was never out while on the show, it doesn’t take military-grade gaydar to figure it out. Oh, and then there was her song “Satellite” where she kept singing about “she.” So, now that Jorja is free of the TV grind, maybe she’ll feel freer with her personal life as well. So long, Sara. Let’s hope it’s not the last we hear of Jorja as well. Happy weekend, all.

1 comment:

citybleach said...

I'm not a fan of CSI but I have to watch it in my criminalistics class and Jorja is the only reason I pay attention. She is just so hot.