Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gonna make it after all


While it may be hard to tell from the somewhat downbeat and grumpy nature of recent posts, things aren’t going too poorly for old Ms. Snarker in 2012. No, really, I mean it. No, stop laughing. Hey, now it’s getting rude. Come on, you could at least try to stop snorting uncontrollably. Kidding, kidding. But on the serious, this year has been – aside for standard-issue work stress and inconvenient technological setbacks – kind of lovely. So, for all of you somewhat appalled by my middle finger to the world from yesterday, please consider this a mea culpa of sorts. As the delicious delicious delicious Joan Jett can attest, one can be surly and happy at the same time. See, a gal can turn the world on with a smile and a snarl. Happy Tuesday, kittens. Love is all around.

p.s. Also, just because Joan Jett is hot as fuck, here’s a little something extra to go with today’s theme. Also, since it is a Tuesday, she is wearing a tank top that appears to be made out of black electrical tape. You’re turned on now, alright. Though possibly for another reason.

11 comments:

E.T. said...

Now that's what I like to hear :)
PS: As an engineer I always thought duck tape can work miracles, point proven.

Jess said...

Oh Dorothy, oh no. That, my dear, is NOT electrical tape. That's *latex*. You have some delicious homework to do.
For example, Gwen, from season 4 Angel. Just sayin'- great place to start.
We expect a full report within a week! :)

Anonymous said...

Well darling, now I am confused! So what you are saying is that despite any appearances to the contrary, things are actually ‘fine and dandy’ in ‘Camp Snarker’??? Thank God for that! Tell me darling what is it, a new wife? A new gun???

“Somewhat appalled”? Ha! Ha! No. Somewhat worried? Yes!!! Worried those little fiends over on the dreaded ‘L Chat’ had kidnapped you and subjected you to hours of what they like to call, ‘Physically Induced Fucking Psychological Fucking Reframing, FUCK YEAH!!!’ (As they advance on you with those damn cattle prods of theirs!) Most unpleasant!!! (I ought to know, the little so-and-sos tried it on me!)

PD

PS I agree; Joan is “hot as fuck” in that “black electrical tape” tank top. My only reservation is; mightn’t it be a frightful bugger to remove? A veritable passion killer???

Anonymous said...

PPS “As an engineer”

*Swoon*!!! Darling, I have a particular weakness for engineers!!! I don’t suppose I could interest you in a few home cooked gourmet meals (there may also be other enticements?) in exchange for your help in designing a fool-proof not to mention fire-retardant computer scanner???

Anonymous said...

PPPS Final word on those little ‘L Chat’ fiends. Outnumbered 20 to 1 with only a cricket bat with which to defend myself, I still saw them off with ease!!!

egghead said...

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day
and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?

Well, it's you girl and you should know it
with each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to fake it
You can have the town, why don't you take it?
You're gonna make it after all!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes! One woman can be Mary Tyler Moore AND Dominatrix all at the same time. (I should know.)

Anonymous said...

hot damn - Joan Jett <3
It's that trademark sexy wink she does midway through performances that gets me every time. In the Crimson and Clover vid, with a gorgeous smile too... Have you seen her vid for Fetish? from the same performance as the Crimson and Clover one - here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWKBD1OYPY - enjoy xx

MakingSpace said...

I thought of you last night as I Love RocknRoll came on the radio while I was driving and I turned it up way past ear damage levels.. Heh. Glad things are looking up.

J9 said...

Love is all around is my new theme song - this version. The one song that can make me smile when I feel like crying, so thank-you for this.

E.T. said...

Haha, why thank you kind lady. I do appreciate home-cooked meals, should I ever cross the Atlantic I will certainly take you up on that offer...even though the nature of the request is somewhat peculiar,I mean of all the things that one could design :P

Rosie said...

oooh hot sweaty goodness :)
Thanks Dorothy