Friday, April 18, 2008

My Weekend Crush

Natalie Portman is pretty much perfect. She’s smart (Harvard, bitches). She’s talented (Oscar nominee by age 22). She’s gorgeous (Audrey Hepburn this). She’s classy (no vajayjay for you, paparazzi). She’s globally conscious (micro-loans ambassador/vegan shoes designer/do-gooder extraordinaire). She’s dating a shaggy-haired indie musician (OK, that part is a tad cliché, but I actually like his music so we’re cool). Oh, and she’s a surprisingly good rapper (damn, Natalie, you a crazy chick). Pretty much, at 26, she makes you feel like you haven’t done anything with your life. But, you know, in a good way. No, I mean it. Fine, if she didn’t also seem so sincere, conscientious and intelligent, you’d probably hate her. But she does. So you don’t. Instead, you’re genuinely happy for her successes, not to mention geuinely happy that someone actually worthy of the term “role-model” still exists in Hollywood. Happy weekend, all.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible - and crazy - chick! S**k her d**k!

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't mention that she speaks multiple languages (at least two fluently)...then I'd have felt really inadequate.

Good pick, as always!

Anonymous said...

I had never thought much about Natalie one way or another until I saw that rapping bit. She won me over right then!

Amanda said...

Ha! Just a couple days ago my roommate says "hey, our celebrity crushes are dating!" I love his music too. And I don't think there are many people just as or more beautiful than her.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

i've had the longest crush on Natalie and just thrilled you picked her this weekend. she's DA BOMB!

Anonymous said...

She is such an amazing woman, she makes me feel so inadequate too and she can rap:)

Anonymous said...

the wether is so good today,
it's spring, have a good weekend,
thank you for good post

Slym said...

Yeah... Natalie is the SHIT!!! And I mean that in the most endearing, admiring and coolest of ways!

Have always admired her.

Ms. S. You Rock!!

Susanne said...

She was 23 when she was nominated for the OSCAR...which was for CLOSER in which she played a stripper. Which inpsired most of FALL OUT BOYS songs...just saying....thought I´d share that.

It´s a small world. and your weekend crush rules.

HC said...

YAY~
And how about she's my first celebrity girl crush?

Anonymous said...

honey she is hot
i loved her in v for vendetta
granted im old enough to be her
teen-age mother
but what the hell
hot is hot

Lezlie Mac said...

Natalie + SNL rap= gets me every time.
I've had a crush on her ever since she was Mathilda in The Professional ! Thanks Dorothy

Queers United said...

she is gorgeous and a vegan, i love her

http://www.queersunited.blogspot.com

Alejandra said...

gosh, she's so freakin' great
she's my all time crush, not just weekend xD

sammy said...

is it FALL OUT BOY that was inspired by closer or PANIC! at the Disco? either way, i've always had a crush on natalie portman... even when she was bald in V for Vendetta (i totally watched that ffor her... bonus was the lesbian story in the middle which ironically, i was watching it with my real life crush valerie -- same name as the lesbian character in the story...)