Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Islands Girl

This one goes out to everyone with young kids at home or are themselves young at heart (and, yes, I still sometimes sing “How Far I’ll Go” in the shower). Now, normally I’m not too psyched about sequels to kiddie movies. But a sequel to the “Moana” movie? Chee-hoo! And then some! You see, the great thing about “Moana 2” news is it’s also gay news because its lead voice actress Auliʻi Cravalho is bisexual. So her success is queer success. As I was saying, chee-hoo!

This is also a reminder that if you haven’t rewatched “Crush” recently you really should because it was a criminally underrated fun queer teen rom-com. And if you saw the “Mean Girls” musical you know her Janis is a totally queer badass. In short, I’ll take all the Auliʻi I can get. Respectfully, of course. She’s like 23. Anyway, between Cynthia Erivo’s “Wicked” coming out Nov. 22 and Auliʻi’s “Moana 2” the following weekend Nov. 27, fans of wildly talented bisexual actor-singers will be eating well this Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

And now I’ll spend th rest of day singing “you’re welcome”