Monday, August 28, 2023

Music Monday: Rapp Edition

I, honestly, am too old to know much about Reneé Rapp other than that the twentysomething and under gay girlies absolutely adore her. I never started watching “The Sex Lives of College Girls” (see: too old) and I am not enough of a musical theater queer to know her from “Mean Girls” on Broadway (never a theater gay in high school, alas). But my TikTok feed occasionally feeds me Gen Z baby dyke celebrity crush content and bisexual actor-singer/singer-actor Reneé is not infrequently being fawned over in them. So, like, I get it. She’s got some Charlize Theron’s little sister who did show choir energy — which I respect. I also enjoy that talking about her new music video is a bit like queer lady Mad Libs. It would go something like this: Bisexual performer Reneé Rapp releases a video for her single “Pretty Girls” which is about kissing pretty girls and was directed by real-life queer celebrity Shane/Cara Delevingne and features Reneé making out with her slightly shorter haired doppelganger. Anyway, having too many pretty girls to make out with and not enough time sounds like a problem I am honestly too old for. Probably. Happy Monday, kittens.

No comments: