Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Great Gadsby

Now that’s my kind of rom-com. In exactly one week, Tasmania comic Hannah Gadsby of “Nanette” and “Douglas” and lesbianism and autism and neurodivergence and genderqueer fame will be back on Netflix with a new special next week. The opposite of yucky! I’m such a fan of Hannah’s endlessly smart, keenly observant and uniquely quirky comedy. And I learn new things about our ridiculous world and even more ridiculous society each time. Like the Pouch of Douglas! And more on Picasso’s general shittiness (I mean, I knew generally, but the detail and precision of her takedown was * chef’s kiss *)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hannah is the best isn't she. I do own a pouch of douglas, besides the internal one. She is scheduled to give a talk at the Brooklyn Museum for the new Picasso exhibit (Pablo-matic). Between receiving the email and going to get a ticket it was sold out. Quelle surprise. Meanwhile, I had plans for this afternoon, and then I watched Lipstick Lovers............