Tuesday, May 23, 2023

That's a (Mat)Lock

Oh no, I really am getting old. I think I might watch the new “Matlock” reboot. I know, I know. Watching that show about the simple country lawyer used go hand-in-hand with AARP membership. But, hear me out – what if that simple country lawyer was a lady instead of Andy Griffith? And what if that lady was Kathy Bates? And what if the reboot played against the stereotypical portrayal of the doddering, invisible older woman? Fine, I’m still old.

p.s. Also I’m all for Kathy Bates sexually harassing Jason Ritter in the cast, or as I like to call him Mr. Melanie Lynskey.

p.p.s. My immediate affection for this show may also have something to do with my eternal affection for Kathy Bates’s Southern accent, circa “Fried Green Tomatoes.” Towanda!

4 comments:

Helena said...

This old lady will watch with you - for nostalgia and for Kathy Bates.

Anonymous said...

I think Leah Lewis who played Ellie Chu in The Half of It is in this show too

Shasta said...

Honestly, I saw the trailer for this and it looks really good! Also, Towanda forever!

AK said...

Ditto...loved her in Harry's Law. And Disjointed.