Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Like That Again

And just like that, I guess we’re doing this again. I kind of feel about “Sex and the City'' how I feel about “The L Word.” Both were revolutionary at the time. Both carry an enormous amount of cultural nostalgia. And both are very of their times. So now, honestly, I feel kinda the same about their reboots. Having followed these characters so long, might as well continue out of loyalty and curiosity. Granted, I also watched ”The L Word: Generation Q” because I want to see the lives of queer and other LGBTQ+ people reflected on screen. But Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte? Well, they’re like old college friends who I catch up with a couple times a year and still reminisce about all the hot goss of days gone by. Just don’t ask me about Che. Because I don’t wanna talk about Che. While I respect and enjoy Cynthia Nixon and Sara Ramirez, their work and their activism — suffering sappho do those two have negative chemistry together. Also, who fucks in the kitchen while their just out of hip surgery best friend pees the bed? Bad form. Such bad form. But, anyway, we’re getting more of their grand romance which, OK, I guess. Someone said that in the trailer all of the lead stars get their own “emotional support woman of color” this season and OMFG the accuracy. I have no comment on the return of Aidan other than I’ve met John Corbett before and he was very nice and ridiculously tall.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

“ suffering sappho” made me snort