Tuesday, May 30, 2023

What a Doll

Fine, OK. I had a Barbie. One. I had ONE Barbie. And one Ken – the kind eternally in the swim trunks. But I was always more of an action figure girlie and/or “tomboy” as they called us back then or future gay as I call my past self now. So, I didn’t really know what to expect from the Barbie movie. I knew I liked Greta Gerwig’s work. And I knew the cast was ridiculously stacked. And I knew it would be some kind of send-up.

But “Closer to Fine,” Crazy Seer Lesbian Barbie Kate McKinnon, and Birkenstocks? Yeah, more like, “Portrait of Plastic Lady on Fire” – >amirite? But, seriously, this looks all sorts of fun and funny and feminist (I mean, the bad guys are literally trying to keep a woman in a box! They’re practically Republican congressmen!) Come on, Barbie, let’s go to the movies.

2 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Since Margot Robbie is an Aussie (Australian) you might find this post I wrote amusing ... or at the very least synchromystic -
https://brizdazz.blogspot.com/2023/05/barbie-is-one-of-most-annoying-aussie.html

Carmen San Diego said...

“Portrait of Plastic Lady on Fire” Lol
Yes, the tomboy to lesbian pipeline is real