Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Xena & Gabrielle Redux

Remember when we had to nudge-nudge, wink-wink our way to credible lesbian content? Well, the queen of the gay-but-not-gay-but-definitely-gay shows of that era was, of course, “Xena: Warrior Princess.” I distinctly remember an episode where Xena threw fish at Gabrielle’s face. Fish. At. Her. Face. Anyway, if you like me have warm memories of that intentionally silly (and I mean that with love) show you’ll be pleased to know Xena and Gabrielle will be reuniting, sorta, on Lucy Lawless’s new murder-mystery crime show “My Life is Murder.”

Renee O’Connor will guest star on the new season of the Australian show. I haven’t watched any episodes, as I don’t have Acorn TV or live in Australia. But I’ve seen Lucy in action as a crime fighter before (hello, who killed Jenny again) and I’m happy to see her back giving baddies hell. Now if only they have her throw a killer Frisbee at a suspect, well, our late 90s dreams will be fulfilled. And if she felt like throwing some more “fish,” yeah, I’m also OK with that. Yep, still got it.

4 comments:

Gizbar said...

I am not going to say you can watch the show via illegal means, although as a human who does not live Down Under, I am watching the current season. It will not revolutionise the genre but it's a fun watch.

Shasta said...

Just in case anyone forgot how dang charming Lucy is!
Also, “Can we cook with your juices!?” (Dear everyone, go find the Xena episode A Day In The Life. You’re welcome)

Carmen San Diego said...

She has many skills

Anonymous said...

Xena is OG dyke for life for this baby bi <3 I love her new show too hope the chemistry is still fire!!