Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Westwhat again now?

I have faithfully watched “Westworld” for two seasons now and all I can say for sure about the show is, uh, damn – a lot sure has happened. I think. The thing about this ambitious, yet ultimately perplexing show is that at least up until now one’s constant state while watching is confusion. Like, wait, what’s happening? But, seriously, huh?

I am not lying when I say I would struggle to recite all of last season’s major plot points because a) there were so many of them, and b) so many of them didn’t make sense, and c) as a result, they became entirely forgettable. Again, I want to reiterate, I am still watching this series. I just have abandoned my naïve hope that it’s going someplace that makes sense anytime soon.

And yet is has Evan Rachel Wood! and Tessa Thompson! and Thandie Newton! and now also Lena Waithe! I just can’t stop watching, because of them and because I have to find out what all this insanity has been about, dammit.

So, anyone want to do a recap of last year’s major plot points to refresh all our memories? And give their best guesses as to where it is all going in season 3? Because right now, it doesn’t look like anything to me.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Science fiction.... awful. Have never seen it nor do I desire to see this one.