Friday, September 20, 2019

My Weekend Emmys

So the Emmys are this weekend, and like everyone I have my dream scenarios for who will go home with shiny, pointy trophies. Most of those scenarios revolve around Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer making out while Brienne of Tarth watches.

Drama Series: Killing Eve, because it was created by a woman, starts two women, was showrun both seasons by women, and written primarily by women.

Comedy Series: Fleabag, because Phoebe Waller-Bridge. That’s it, that’s the whole reason.

Actress in a Drama: Sandra and Jodie tie, because then they can make out. Duh.

Supporting Actress in a Drama: Lena Headey, because Wanker No. 9 always and forever.

Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Laverne Cox, because her Sophia is a true pioneer for trans visibility and fuckings rocked it always.

Actress in a Comedy: Natasha Lyonne, because there is only one Natasha Lyonne and she is brilliant.

Supporting Actress in a Comedy: Kate McKinnon, because this is an impossible category and I want to marry basically all of them but Kate is the only one who might agree (not that I would, I am married, ahem).

Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Kristin Scott Thomas, because she got to kiss Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

But, really, the women in every category are ridiculously talented and deserving and I’d be happy is they all won. And then kissed. What? I’m only lesbian. Happy weekend, all.

3 comments:

Helena said...

Yes ,agree with all your choices:) Happy weekend Dorothy.

Carmen SanDiego said...

I agree with pretty much everything you have said. Fingers crossed
Have a great weekend DS

Anonymous said...

The Emmys are a big yawn ! Rich elitist people patting themselves on the back.