Friday, September 06, 2019

My Weekend Crush

Where. Are. My. Wanker No. 9s? Right, so if you haven’t watched “Gay of Thrones” that won’t make much sense, well except the Wanker No. 9 part because I know you gay gals totally get that - on a spiritual level. So in what may be her final appearance on the parody recap series “Gay of Thrones,” the intimitable Lena Headey dished over Facetime with host and “Queer Eye” glamazon Jonathan Van Ness about this month’s Emmy Awards.

Basically all the great GoT women are nominated (Emilia, Lena, Sophie, Maisie, Gwendoline, Carice) and it’ll be a particularly cruel death match in the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series Category. Though it remains galling that a handful of the actors (including Gwendoline for her portrayal of endlessly kickass Brienne of Tarth and Carice for her red-flowy portrayal of Melisandre) had to self-submit their nominations because HBO didn’t bother.

Regardless, I wish all the women of GoT success at the Emmys. They’re all so much better than what the material became. And our Lena’s Cersei deserved a more fitting death than to be inexplicably crushed by rocks while hugging her Brother D when they could have just moved over about 10 feet and totally have lived. I mean, in a world full of real villains, we could all use a just a little Cersei to help us get through it all. Or, even better, a lot of Lena. Happy weekend, all.

3 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Such a stupid death for such a great character. Ugh. I’m still mad at GOT

Helena said...

When I see Wanker 9 I just want to watch my favourite florist and her girlfriend:) Have a good weekend Dorothy.

Karen said...

No interest at all in the fantasy genre. Game of Thrones bores me.