Thursday, September 26, 2019

Gender Fuck Thursday/SGALGG Emmys Edition

You didn’t think the start of Hot Impeachment Fall would make me just breeze past Clea DuVall’s Emmys tux with one line, did you? Please, it’s like you don’t know me at all. So in honor of all the Very Pertinent To Your Lesbian (and Bisexual, and Queer, and Trans) Interests, here is a very special combination Gender Fuck Thursday/SGALGG Emmys Edition post.

Clea DuVall & Her Tuxedo

I just… I can’t… Who gave her the right…. I mean, the hand in her pocket is just… And cheekbones like… All that and the tailoring makes me want to be a better woman.

Clea DuVall & Natasha Lyonne

The only thing that could possibly make me happier than knowing Graham & Megan made it is if they then became couple BFFs with Luce & Rachel.

p.s. I know this is cheating, but at a pre-Emmy party Clea & Natasha radiated the strongest “Longtime Couple on A Date Night That Is Going Extremely Well”-couple vibes I have ever seen.

Natasha Lyonne & Amy Poehler

I know Megan is with Graham (20 years and still going strong!), but when her wife has to work late Megan lets Amy and her Big Top Energy take her out on the town (in a flirty but respectfully platonic, “Let’s Break Everyone’s Heart at This Bar Just For Fun”-kind of way.)

Jodie Comer & Sandra Oh

See, Eve can look genuinely happy for Villanelle when they aren’t stabbing/shooting each other. The only thing you two should be cutting is that sexual tension.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge & Sian Clifford

Look, I know they play sisters, but they’re not sisters. So I will totally allow it.

Joey King & Patricia Arquette

Look, I know they play mother-daughter, but they’re not mother-daughter. So you see where this is going.

Amy Poehler & Catherine O'Hara

Free Idea, Hollywood: Amy and Catherine play a May-December lesbian couple in a rom-com where they move from New York to rural Iowa to start an organic farm and attempt to befriend the locals.

Laverne Cox & Chase Strangio

The two trans rights advocates, and in particular Laverne’s purse, are a reminder that LGBTQ rights are very, very much at risk. Because on Oct. 8 the Supreme Court will decide whether trans (and really all LGBTQ) people can legally be fired for simply for being ourselves.

Gwendoline Christie & Her GoT Ladies

Her Brienne Jesus look obviously brought all the girls to the Tarth. Can Arya and Daenerys be her disciples, because they’re something I can believe in.

Gwen & Emilia Clarke


I mean, imagine how much better the ending would have been if instead of getting stabbed by Know-Nothing Jon Snow, Daenerys was saved from herself and her murderous madness by Brienne of Tarth and they then ruled together as co-queens with compassion while also adopting all the stray cats in Westeros.

Gwen & Lena Headey

Fine, part of me would also be fine if Daenerys let the world burn and Brienne instead saved Cersei and they then found a new life together crafting fine battle swords in a remote beach village across the sea while also adopting all the stray cats in Dorne.

Gwen & Her Pink After-Party Jesus Suit

I am not a religious person, but this is a real come to Brienne Jesus moment for me.

2 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

“brought all the girls to the Tarth” made me snort this early in the morning. Thanks DS
Still so happy for Graham and Megan and Eve and Villanelle

Anonymous said...

1. I agree the “brought all the girls to the Tarth” line had me cracking up! 2. I would watch the fuck out of your Amy/Catherine rom com!