Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Go Ahead, Tease Us

Look, I can’t help myself. Each new teaser of “The L Word: Generation Q” makes me a little more excited - even with the dumb name. (Again, nothing against the Q in LGBTQ+; it just feels very Avenue Q and trying very hard to be down with The Youths is all.) This newest tantalizingly short trailer (which, do not be fooled, is only 25 seconds long despite the 48-second run time) gives us a few new clues as to what to expect from the ladies who are still talking, laughing, loving, breathing, fighting, fucking, crying, drinking, riding, winning, losing, cheating, kissing, thinking, dreaming after all these years.

So here is everything I have gleaned from those 25 seconds of new L-liciousness (look, there’s not a lot to go on, I’m doing the best I can…)

1. Shane is the 1 percent.



2. Jenny is still dead.



3. Tina is maybe dead.



4. Tasha better not be dead.



5. WeHo is still no place for butch lesbians.



6. Yeah, I know, we’re all still gonna watch, dammit.


2 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

DS did you notice that the place that they’re taking the selfie in front of is called DANA’S? You can kinda see it on that last picture you posted. Could this be the new The Planet? Also I think Shane has something to do with that operation cause she asks Bette and Alice what they think....
Anyway, I read the script for the pilot and it was better than I expected. Im excited. Can’t help it.
But yes, the name? Ugh...

Panty Buns said...

I too really hope Ilene hasn't killed off any more lesbians. In fact I was hoping she'd resurrect Dana and Jenny. I will definitely be watching 'The L Word: Generation Q' when it gets to NetFlix. Until then I'll keep reading your blog looking for spoilers (I can't take the suspense).
I love the trailer though, and I love your reviews!

https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/