Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tank Top Keeper

Yes, yes, I know the Women’s World Cup is over for another four years. But I realize I failed to bring to your attention during its run that the Chilean national team goalkeeper is a 6-foot-tall Amazon named Christiane Endler. For scale, this is what she looks like next to mere mortals.



Wait, are you OK? I didn’t expect you to fall down like that. Here, have a comfy seat and we can discuss more.

Not only is Christiane - who apparently goes by the nickname Tiane which for whatever reason only makes me like her more - very very tall and very long, she is also very strong. How strong, Snarker?

Well, here she is picking up one teammate.



Next here she is picking up two teammates.



And finally, yes, here she is picking up three - YES, THREE - teammates.



Though, can you really blame her teammates. If that was my keeper I’d also want to hug her with my legs with friendship...for sports reasons.

And, well, that tank top pic? Well. Oh dear, have you fallen down again? Well, this is only to be expected. It is Tuesday, after all.

6 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

This former keeper was not able to give 3 teammates piggyback rides. Damn

Juli said...

Not to mention that she is truly an international star player - she made 9 saves in 11 shots on goal vs the USWNT.

AK said...

Luv the tank top pix....and that she was all glistening wet.......ahhh yes. Oh ! what was I saying?
Thx Dorothy. Way to make me smile!

Shelley said...

Just read this out loud to my sweetie, turning my laptop around at the photo moments so she could truly appreciate. We are so grateful to you for your great curatorial work here, and your writing is also a true treat... thanks so much for all these great posts!

Gabriela said...

Tiane was chosen as Player of the Match after the game against USA. I just want to know who she dates :P

Anonymous said...

Plus everyone should go read about what she does to provide soccer to underprivileged girls.