Friday, July 12, 2019

My Weekend Crush

I love this team. I love their swagger. I love their talent. I love their passion. I love their determination. I love their conviction. I love their activism. I love their heart. I love their joy. I love, love, love the USWNT’s unabashed celebration of hard-earned success.



And of course it goes without saying that I love the Rapi-pose.



Just for good measure, I also love, love, love, love, love, love how incredibly gay the team is. Five, make that six, out players. At least one on-team couple. An out coach. And – you know – welcome, Kelley O’Hara. Your toaster oven is in the mail.



Fine, also I love that they’re not bad to look at in the face, arms, legs, full-body, whole human person kind of way. So whether they’re beating the world, partying at a ticker-tape parade, or glamming up for the ESPYs, I simply can’t get enough of these ladies. (And I can’t get enough of Ashlyn Harris' Instagram stories.)



Fine, I also can’t get enough of members of all the world’s national women’s teams kissing their girlfriends.



See you again in 2023, World Cup. And, hell yeah, ladies – you deserve this. We all deserve this. Happy weekend, all.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Le Sommer isn't kissing a woman in the image. It is a girl. She has a male partner, Florian, who was right behind the girl. You can see him in other images of that moment.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Buy their jerseys, buy season tickets, go to games, watch on TV, post on social media… and not just for the USWNT but also for the WNBA and NCAA women’s sports

Carmen SanDiego said...

And have a great weekend DS

Anonymous said...

I love love love this team too:) I have to admit I usually play sports over watching sports but these women have absolutely inspired me to watch/support professional women’s leagues.

Anonymous said...

Dorothy,

I'm hoping that in the midst of all the fabulous queerlady awesomeness this week, you've heard that we (The Earpers) have at long last won our hard-fought battle for funding for Season 4!!!!

Wynonna Earp will return next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!