Thursday, July 25, 2019

Go West, Young Show

So speaking of everyone’s favorite Super Gay, Tessa Thompson, she’s got another lil project you might have heard of that also made some news at SDCC over the weekend. The new trailer for her series “Westworld” debuted, and I’m just as confused as always. But now with more Tessa and Evan Rachel Wood seemingly snuggling? Is there a bisexual robot pride flag? Because this show could proudly fly it.



I have to say I don’t always know if I enjoy “Westworld.” But I do enjoy trying to figure out its mystery. And it’s that reveal, the thing that will make all this tremendous effort make sense, that keeps me hooked. Damn you, confusing show with non-linear storytelling and multiple characters in multiple timelines. And now World War II? I mean, at least we get to punch some Nazis. Back when it wasn’t controversial to want to punch a Nazi, at least.

So, yeah, I’m invested in this mystery. Though, I still wish the show had even a little bit of humor about itself. Granted, I get it, the epic struggle between man and the machines man created to do terrible things to because man is terrible is heavy stuff. But, you know, a little glimmer of joy (or as in the video below, joy via cookies, never hurt anyone).


2 comments:

Helena said...

Joy , respect and cookies this is all we need. Have a good day Dorothy.

Carmen SanDiego said...

I gave up on Westworld but I did love ERW dressed as a cowgirl that time