Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Lizzo Top Tuesday

Look, I’m late to everything music-y these days. (See: My new-found endless of love of Kacey Musgraves’ “Golden Hour”) But then again I was never one of those, “I knew X before it was cool” kind of people. So my confession is I had heard of Lizzo before, but I don’t think I actually heard Lizzo until I started jamming out to her “Truth Hurts.”

I feel like, even as a lesbian, I feel this song in my bones. Maybe it’s just the straight lady sympathy factor – because we’ve all fallen hard for one and that leaves a mark. Or that men in general deserve it. But, hello, does this song make me happy. And I hope it does you as well. Oh, and while Lizzo and her ladies aren’t technically wearing tank tops, I think their outfits might still meet one’s approval on this Tuesday. Like, a lot of approval.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hideous. This is what passes for music these days ?

Carmen SanDiego said...

Yes I can accept these tank tops

Anonymous said...

Yeah I love the album, there’s even a song featuring Missy Elliot! I’m always down for some Missy:)