Thursday, July 05, 2018

To The Max

True confession, I binged all of the last season of “Orange Is the New Black” over the weekend it debuted last June – except the final episode. And to this day I still haven’t watched the finale. I just haven’t felt inspired enough to care. Last season was problematic for me, for many reasons. Having an entire season play out over the few days of the prison riot was…a choice. In the end it felt like a painful way to prolong our agony. But that’s what happens sometimes when writers make the creative choices to prove a point but instead kill the heart of their show (see: Poussey Washington and Dana Fairbanks). So now I don’t know how I feel about OITNB’s upcoming season. Given the change in locale (from minimum to max) I am going to assume things didn’t go so hot for the ladies of Litchfield in that last episode. But the question remains, do I care enough to follow them to the even bigger house? Time will tell when it returns later this month. But at least we get some new credits. The song, however, remains the same. (So if you are one of those skip the credits types, proceed as normal.)

5 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Halfway through the season I was so sick and tired of the riot. I didn’t care for piscatella either. But I guess I’ll watch the upcoming season. Feel bad about ditching a female centric show that has so many POC characters and a trans one too...

Carmen SanDiego said...

But yeah the comparison of Poussey and Dana’s death? Spot on

Anonymous said...

It was the best season yet.

Anonymous said...

I hate prison shows. I never watched it.

CNC Router Software said...

More please.