Friday, May 18, 2018

My Weekend Crush

My three biggest heroine growing up were Princess Leia, Wonder Woman and Lois Lane. It certainly helped that their actresses were (and are) incredibly talented, intelligent, compassionate, hilarious, complex and downright awesome women in their own right. Also, uh, this may be the root of my thing for brunettes. News of Margot Kidder’s passing on Monday sent a wave of sadness through me. She so embodied the brassy persistence and irrepressible charm of Lois Lane. She turned the lazy stereotype of the girl reporter into something so much more human. And in doing so she became the only woman Superman would – quite literally – move heaven and Earth for. Her very public struggles with bipolar disorder, which led to an even more public nervous breakdown and period of homelessness in the late 90s, continue to show us a very human and humane person who knew that life was full of Kryptonite. To persist doesn’t take superpowers, just endless heart and tireless mettles. Happy weekend, all.

3 comments:

Carmen sanDiego said...

You have good taste DS
Have a good weekend

Panty Buns said...

I LOVED Margot Kidder. It is an understatement to say she was an extremely caring and compassionate person. I felt crushed when I learned she had passed away. I found this Tweet on Twitter by @MargotKidderFan:
Beautiful and haunting fanvid tribute to Margot >

Reeveverse-Margot Kidder Tribute-Life in Mono | Lois - YouTube

Watching it I couldn't stop crying. I will miss her forever.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

william said...

thanks for sharing this article its very interesting and i like it. keep posting more
Surprised at VICIdial support