Friday, August 05, 2016

My Weekend Whoa

Well, that escalated quickly. I know I’ve been posting a lot about politics these days when what I normally post about is the effervescent joy of pop culture in general and the ladies kissing in particular. But, really and truly, it is the only way I know how to stay sane during this never-endingly insane election cycle. It is the only way I know how to keep the panic attacks that plague me about the prospect of this thoroughly deranged racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic narcissist obtaining the nuclear codes. Though, reaction to my tweet have at least made me feel a little less alone in my absolute incredulity at this man's willfull ignorance and total shamelessness. He is not normal. Anyway, thanks God the Olympics start tonight. So maybe, if only for a fortnight, the world can unite around true talent, earned accomplishment and hot ass athletes. Go away, orange man. Way to go, world. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. Say a little prayer for my mentions. They’re so bonkers, guys. So bonkers.

3 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Yes, let's focus on the Olympics. I'm in Rio for the games, so excited

Shasta said...

I love Elena Delle Donne's name translated. :) My mangling outs her last name as "of the women". Great name for a gay lady!! :)

Shasta said...

PUTS! Not outs! Lol!